This week we have one of my favorite goal-setting and problem-solving challenges. It’s fun, thought-provoking, and the results can help keep you on-track in a BIG way.
It’s all about asking yourself
This little exercise is a powerful way to help you uncover solutions to problems – both practical AND motivational! Plus your answers might surprise you.
This week, all you need is a notebook and pen (or empty doc on your computer) and a few uninterrupted minutes.
⭐First, write down what you want to achieve.
Maybe it’s to fit into an old pair of jeans, get back in shape (or just plain into shape), lose 15 pounds, cut sugar out of your diet, etc.
Now comes the fun part….Just ask why. Why do you want to do that? (Write it down!) Then, ask why AGAIN. Continue for a total of 5 times.
Example: I want to lose 15 pounds.
- Why do I want to lose 15 pounds? Because I want to fit back into my jeans.
- Why do I want to fit back into my jeans? Because I feel self-conscious and my clothes aren’t fitting the way they used to, and I’ll feel more confident if I’m comfortable in my clothes
- Why do I want to feel more confident? Because right now, I hold myself back from being more social. If I feel more confident, I’ll be more outgoing, and would go out with friends more often.
- Why do I want to be more social? It’s scary but I want to feel good about myself when I’m out with friends. I want to have more FUN in my life and develop deeper relationships
- Why do I want to have more fun and develop deeper relationships? Because I’ve been feeling isolated and a little lonely, and I need a sense of adventure in my life!
When you dig a little deeper- you eventually get to the REAL underlying motivation for wanting to lose that 15 pounds – which actually isn’t about weight loss at all.
It’s about wanting to feel more connected to others and have more fun. Are you IN for the challenge this week? Join our Healthy Living Group... and if you’re feeling brave, let us know what your main goal is!
We have opened the doors to our newest healthy living program. We are keeping this session very small and intimate. Space is limited.
Join me for a 9-week study of the Wellness Revelation.This includes weekly assignments, Bible study, weekly small group discussions, 30 min. gentle workouts, to help you love God, get healthy, love yourself, and others.
Use coupon code "earlybird" for $25.00 off
If you’re seriously considering working with a private coach, one-on-one, don’t wait. Book a free, 60-minute call with me, and find out for yourself how effective zeroing in on your goals and receiving action steps to put in place can actually be.
In Health and Gratitude,
Becoming New Again Wellness
Helping those who have lost hope to live comfortably and confidently in their own skin.
Follow me on Facebook
Like and contact me on our Facebook Page
Join our Healthy Living Community on Facebook
Follow on Instagram @becomingnewagain